Saturday, April 3, 2010

Debate Workshop

We have a 4 day debate workshop in Macau now. It's nice because I get paid about half a months salary to attend. It is 9 am - 9 pm every day though. The downside is that I'm not actually doing anything. Actually, it's pretty depressing. The trainers aren't even getting paid.

I also am now pretty sure that the team won't be going to New Zealand or to the Philippines - there's plenty of money and enthusiasm from the students. The school is just too bureacratic, and the people in charge of the program are terrible at leading or organizing anything. I keep trying to push things, but I'm so junior that it's considered really rude and presumptuous. It makes a job that should be fun and rewarding really depressing.

I keep getting trapped into the cycle of feeling that it's my crappy attitude that is diminishing my experience. I looked at some photos from last summer, and realized that my summer was actually awesome, and I was really happy. I made the right choice by ending my contract early.

No comments:

Post a Comment